Project Access Nashville Specialty Care, a program under the leadership of the Nashville Academy of Medicine and the Medical Foundation of Nashville, provides a coordinated system of care to low-income, uninsured residents of Middle Tennessee through our partnership with the Metro Nashville Health Department and the Safety Net Consortium of Middle Tennessee.
Through these partnerships, Project Access Nashville Specialty Care has established a referral process that links these patients to a network of community-based medical clinics, physician specialists, collaborating hospitals, and ancillary partners.
The response and results of this program have been striking. Since its April 2005 inception, we are proud to report over $49.5 million in care has been donated to thousands of uninsured Nashville area patients by more than 1,500 physicians and their affiliated hospitals and laboratories.
We are exceedingly grateful for the generous participation of our volunteer physicians and the following hospitals, which have donated the necessary inpatient and outpatient care to our Project Access Nashville Specialty Care enrollees, including surgeries, imaging and laboratory testing: HCA Tristar Centennial Medical Center, HCA Tristar Skyline Medical Center, HCA Tristar Southern Hills Medical Center, Ascension Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, Ascension Saint Thomas West Hospital, and HCA Tristar Summit Medical Center.
The following clinics currently utilize our program for the specialty care needs of their patients. This comprehensive referral system ensures that each patient has access to the necessary primary and specialty care that they need.
- Baptist UT Medical Clinic
- Comprehensive Care at Vanderbilt
- Faith Family Medical Clinic
- First Response Clinic
- Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center
- Metro General at Meharry
- The Clinic at Mercury Courts
- Metro Downtown Clinic
- Neighborhood Health - Cayce Clinic, Dickerson, Downtown (Sam Levy), Inglewood, Madison, Mainstreet, Northside, Southside, Unity, Waverly, Wallace Road
- Siloam Family Health Center
- Saint Thomas Medical Partners- The Holy Family Health Center (South)
- Saint Thomas Medical Partners - Family Health Center West
- Saint Thomas at Preston Taylor
- Vine Hill/Neighborhood Health
We are also incredibly grateful to the State of Tennessee Department of Health, The Healing Trust, United Way of Metropolitan Nashville, and the Vanderbilt Community Health Improvement Team who provide grant funding to support our work.
Please see the links below for more information:
- Information for patients
- Information for referring clinics
- Information for volunteer physicians
- Information for volunteers
- Informacion para pacientes